Entry into the race
The Deaf CanDo Amazing Race around Adelaide is open to teams of two with the exception of family teams which may include up to four participants. One participant in each team must be over 18. Parental consent must be given for all participants under 18.
The race will have two classes of participants , Regular teams and Family teams.
Regular teams will comprise two participants on of which is over 18.
Family teams will comprise of between two and four participants made up of the following:
1 Adult and between 1 and 3 Children 15 or under
2 Adults and between 1 and 2 Children 15 or under
Employees (including event volunteers) of Deaf CanDo or CanDo4Kids are not eligible to enter the race.
Entry to the race can only be made via the official form; and registrations will not be deemed as accepted until the entry fee has been received and processed by Deaf CanDo.
Entry into the race is currently limited to the events capacity of 250 participants. The number of participants may change at Deaf CanDo's discretion.
Participation in the race for each team is dependant upon the team reaching their fundraising goal of a minimum of $250 and submitting it to Deaf CanDo by 5pm on the 27th April 2001. Deaf CanDo can still accept payments after this date but they cannot be included in the teams final fundraising amount for the race and therefore will not be taken into consideration when awarding prizes.
Race Terms and Conditions
1. The participant agrees to adhere to the rules of the race, which will be set out on the day of the race, and are part of the condition of entry into the race. Failure to adhere to the rules of the race will result, at the sole discretion of Deaf CanDo, in disqualification from the race and any claim or right to the prize(s) offered.
2. Participants understand and acknowledge that some instructions, reminders and other useful information will be sent to the email addresses supplied by participants. It is the participants‚ responsibility to supply a correct email address and to check it regularly for updates and information about the race. Participants without a working email account may be disadvantaged.
3. Each participant must act responsibly throughout the Event. Each participant must obey traffic rules, and each must look after their own security and safety. Deaf CanDo accepts no responsibility for loss or injury occurring during the Event, other than for loss or injury proved to be the result of negligence on the part of Deaf CanDo. Participants will be expected to be responsible for their own health and safety.
4. Each team must raise the minimum fundraising amount by the 27th April 2011. All monies raised in the process of the application and the Event will become the property of Deaf CanDo and are required to be submitted to Deaf CanDo within 14 days of receipt. There will be no refund of monies in any circumstances.
5. By submitting an application, each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Deaf CanDo from all claims and damages arising out of his/her participation in the application process or the Event itself, and to have his/her name, voice and likeness used at Deaf CanDo's discretion as part of promotion of Deaf CanDo or future events.
6. If for any reason a team member is unable to compete on the day of the race then Deaf CanDo will allow a substitute participant. Deaf CanDo will require a letter or email from the participant who is withdrawing in order to allow their place to be filled by another person.
7. Prizes may be awarded for the race and must be collected within one month of the event. Participants forfeit the right to any prizes not collected by the 30th May 2011.